20 August, 2009

Shenanigans

I'm calling shenanigans on two companies today. Sears and Aramark.

Sears deserves it because my parents tried to buy a new stove through them recently and they were quoted one price on a Friday night and then when the went back a few days later to get the new sale price, they had jacked the price so high that even with the 10% sale going on, it was still more expensive than three days earlier. And my parents had already gotten 10% off that night thanks to an employee discount from my sister. Then they jerked my dad around on the phone and ducked the whole thing. So needless to say, they are guilty of shenanigans.

Now, you may have never heard of Aramark, but they are in charge of concessions at the Indianapolis Indians. A fine example of minor league baseball. On the 11th of this month I was enjoying a game at the stadium and I purchased a hamburger and fries from a booth run by Aramark. I enjoyed the burger before the game and by the 9th inning I had lost it and everything else in my stomach to the toilet. After trying to get home, my GF and I had to stop in Lebanon of all places to visit an ER so I could be rehydrated. They also gave me a dose of anti-nausea medication and told me I most likely had food poisoning and that if my symptoms passed within 24 hours it was definitely food poisoning. Needless to say, my symptoms passed by 9 PM the next night so I had my answer. The Indians were contacted to find out if they would pay, and they passed it to Aramark. Aramark is ducking the situation and the guy in charge of concessions, obviously such a brilliant medical mind, believes it wasn't food poisoning because he believes that food poisoning takes 6-8 hours to set in and 3 days to pass. Well luckily for me I had a doctor in a hospital take care of me, and not this guy. Aramark is guilty of shenanigans in my opinion as they really should man up and show some good customer service. Or at least something better.

Now that the rant is over I want a gavel and a big stamp that says GUILTY maybe GUILTY OF SHENANIGANS.

On a more positive note, the GF and I have decided to take a trip this January to New York to meet a friend of hers, stay a couple days, and see the comedian Eddie Izzard live at Madison Square Gardens. Exciting business, especially since our tickets got here.

No comments: